Superstars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have alternated the top spot on this list since 2014, now, Kylian Mbappe becomes the youngest player to cross the $100m mark for annual earnings at just 23.
A huge chunk of $110m in Mbappe’s earnings comes from PSG, and approximately $18m is from endorsement deals with Nike, Dior, Oakley, Hublot, and Panini. His other ventures include serving as an ambassador for NFT platform Sorare, founder of the production company Zebra Valley, and has been featured for three consecutive years on the cover of EA Sports FIFA game.
At the beginning of the season, Mbappe’s future at PSG was uncertain, he was linked with a move to Real Madrid. French President Emmanuel Macron, convinced the 23-year-old to remain at the French Capital, signing another three years with PSG.
Another notable mention is new on-from Man City recruit, Erling Haaland, joining Mbappé as one of the only players under 30 to make this year’s list.
Here is the full list:
1. Kylian Mbappé ($128 Million USD)
2. Lionel Messi ($120 Million USD)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo ($100 Million USD)
4. Neymar Jr. ($87 Million USD)
5. Mohamed Salah ($53 Million USD)
6. Erling Haaland ($39 Million USD)
7. Robert Lewandowski ($35 Million USD)
8. Eden Hazard ($31 Million USD)
9. Andrés Iniesta ($30 Million USD)
10. Kevin De Bruyne ($29 Million